zantac dose

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by newtothis, Nov 2, 2009.

1. newtothis

newtothis Well-Known Member

at about 15lbs, how much was your LO getting?

2. efmolly

efmolly Well-Known Member

The doc just switched us over to prevacid but we did Zantac for a while. When DS1 grew from 11 lbs to 13 lbs she increased his dose from .6ml to .7ml and said that was the maximum dosage. So i would imagine at 15lbs it would probably be around .8ml

3. mnm000

mnm000 Well-Known Member

I *think* that my DS was 16 pounds (4 mos old) when we started and he's been on 1.5 ml 2x's day ever since we started (now 18 pounds).

4. kristenlee5

kristenlee5 Well-Known Member

Mine started at 9 lbs at 1.5 ml twice a day. He is only up to 10 lbs now, but he doesn't seem to need more.

5. bbyboo1323

bbyboo1323 Well-Known Member

DS was around 9lbs and 1.3 twice a day..zantac didnt help much and we are now on Prevacid 15mg a day

6. becky5

becky5 Guest

I don't recall our dosage. It didn't work well for us, so we had moved on to Axid, and then eventually Prevacid by 4 months. It's an extremely weight sensitive drug.

7. Kateryna

Kateryna Well-Known Member

15 lb at 1.70 ml twice a day 30 min before food.

8. tundrababy

tundrababy Well-Known Member

Owen is 16lbs 6oz and get 2.5mls/2x day. It is weight based with a wide range of 1mg/kg up to 9mg/kg and the syrups can come in different strengths - ours is 15mg/ml strength.