Zofran = stomach pains; Reglan = sleepy?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Erykah, Jan 21, 2008.

1. Erykah

Erykah Well-Known Member

I have been taking the Zofran for about 4 -5 days and yesterday I had a god awful pain in my upper abdomen. DH suggested I switch to the Reglan and the stomach pain went away after a few hours but the Reglan makes me sleepy and doesn't work as well. I really want to go back to the Zofran because I think it was just coincidental to have the stomach pain (it could have been gas, sorry TMI.) Anyone have stomach pain with Zofran or excessive sleepiness with Reglan? Or has anyone alternated between the two? I think I can balance out symptoms if I just take them both!

2. Cristina

Cristina Well-Known Member

Hi Erykah, I am sorry you are so ill. I feel your pain!

I will be honest, though it is embarassing. I took Zofran for most of my pregnancy and have taken it since then when I have had the stomach flu. It does give me bad gas. I would sometimes get gas pains that were pretty miserable. My Mom is undergoing chemo right now and tries to take as little Zofran as possible because it gives her stomach aches too. All that to say, my nausea was so bad I chose the pain over the nausea. I can't stand being nauseus.

Reglan did nothing for me. I tried for a week and still threw up like crazy!

I hope you get some relief soon!! :hug99:

3. natmarie

natmarie Well-Known Member

My friend who is pregnant right now took zofran for being nauseous had the same problems with the stomach pains. She cut the pills in two, so she wasn't taking so much at a time and it helped with the pain! It might work for the Reglan too... who knows. HTH! I hope you start feeling better soon! :hug99:

4. Erykah

Erykah Well-Known Member

Thanks ladies... I'm going back to Zofran... reglan is like a bandaid on an amputaton...

5. twoplustwo

twoplustwo Well-Known Member

Is your dh a doc?

I would talk to your doc. I never had that problem with zofran. I bow to the zofran god!! :bow2: