Play food

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by cm301263, Dec 31, 2014.

1. cm301263

cm301263 Well-Known Member

I am looking for some really good quality play food. We have some that is plastic but it is a really cheap plastic and after 1 time in my kids mouths, it is done for.

We played with some at a school awhile back that was made of a really nice heavy duty but soft rubber type of material but I can't seem to find anything like that online. That is the quality play food that I want.

Anyone have any idea what I am talking about and know where I can find it?

Thanks!

2. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I don't know the type you are referring to...but my kids have had the step 2 play kitchen for years and the food that came with it, plus some extras and the coloring has not worn off.  I hope you can find what you are looking for.

3. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

Melissa and Doug has some nice stuff. I think its fabric though. Also look at etsy... Cute felt stuff that if you are crafty you could probably make yourself.

4. Kendra

Kendra Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Melissa and Doug do do some good food in both plastic and wood. You may want to check out a local teacher supply store to see what they have. Food really varies in quality. I have this set at day care and it really works well (bought though a teacher resource catalog but same brand)  There is a bigger and smaller version but this works well with my gang. 
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Learning-Resources-New-Sprouts-Deluxe-Market-Set/26790119

5. rrodman

rrodman Well-Known Member

I don't know the kind you are talking about either, but I was also going to say Melissa and Doug. We have tons of wooden food that's on my third child and looks brand new.

6. Rollergiraffe

Rollergiraffe Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I love the Melissa and Doug stuff too.. lasts forever! We just passed on a bunch of stuff to a friend that looked brand new even though my boys have been abusing it for 5 years.

7. gina_leigh

gina_leigh Well-Known Member

Another Melissa and Doug fan here. It's taken a lot of use is still in great condition.

8. Shree

Shree New Member

Hi All,

Found this cool fun video made by twins. Check out their trailer:

Twins Toys Review