Second Trimester With Twins
You've made it through the first trimester, and now you're into your second trimester with twins!
Because you're carrying twins, you might have already started showing. But if you haven't, don't worry. The next few weeks are a big growing period, so expect big changes ahead!
Your Twins in the Second Trimester
Your babies will start the second trimester at around the size of a lemon, comfortably fitting into the palms of your hands. At 3 inches long and around an ounce in weight, they're still tiny, but pretty much fully formed, with all of their organs forming, recognisable facial features, and even the start of teeny little teeth in their gums!
This all changes, though. By the end of these 12 weeks, your twins are each going to be around the size of mangoes! That's almost a foot long, and they're going to easily weigh a pound, maybe more!
Not only that, by the end of this period, your twins will look almost exactly the same as they will when they're born, only smaller.
Key Things to Expect in Weeks Thirteen to Twenty Four
- The second trimester is far better than the first for most women. Symptoms die down and energy levels go back up, at least until near the start of the third trimester. This is the time when you're going to be feeling your best, so it's a great time to start getting everything you'll need for your new family ready.
- With the increase in energy, you might even see your sex drive go up for the next few weeks. Take advantage, because you probably won't feel up to anything major once you hit the third trimester.
- Your boobs will be getting bigger, and all those hormones might just give you amazing hair, skin, and an all around pregnancy glow. So don't be surprised if you start getting more compliments in the next few weeks.
- You might need to start looking for more comfortable clothes, considering how much bigger you'll be getting, as well as hormonal temperature flushes and other issues.
What Pregnancy Symptoms Can I Expect in the Second Trimester?
- Increased appetite, to feed your growing twins
- Better looking hair and skin
- More energy
- Round ligament pain, leg cramps and backache
- Bleeding or swollen gums
- Lack of breath
- Constipation, indigestion, heartburn and gas
- Pregnancy forgetfulness
Your second trimester with twins should be a whole lot better than the first. You're going to be looking great, feeling great, and your life should be great. There's still a lot to remember, though, and it can be a lot to deal with on your own. If you need a little extra help, we're right here with you.