You’re 37 weeks pregnant with twins, which puts you oh so close to that big day. Whether you’re delivering via a C section, or going for a natural birth, the next couple of weeks are going to be incredibly exciting.
Good luck, girls, and lets go!
A single fetus at 37 weeks
Your Twin Babies at 37 Weeks Pregnant
Your babies are putting on an ounce a day now, and they’re going to keep gaining weight at roughly that rate until they’re born. Right now, they’re about 18 to 19 inches long, and weigh over 6 pounds!
If they haven’t already, your babies will be practicing all of the essential skills that they’ll need out here in the real world, like blinking, sucking their thumbs, grabbing hold of things, and breathing.
Finally, their immune systems are ready to go, and strong enough to keep them safe on the outside world, although your breast milk will definitely help with that!
Twin Pregnancy Symptoms at 37 Weeks
- Pelvic and abdominal pressure: Your babies are dropping into a head down position, ready to be born, and that puts increased pressure on your pelvic area anyway. But your body is also loosening ligaments and tendons, to make the eventual birth a whole lot simpler. Don’t worry. Once the birth is done, you’ll be right as rain.
- Stretch marks: As your babies get bigger, they’re going to put more strain on your already taut belly. So if a few new stretch mark show up, don’t be surprised.
- Sleeping issues: You might have trouble getting to sleep. Or you might just wake up in the middle of the night with really vivid, random dreams and won’t be able to get back to sleep again. Either way, just get what rest you can. Even if you have to nap during the day.
- Spotting: This far into your pregnancy, you might experience a little bit of spotting. That’s completely normal, especially if you’re still sexually active. Just keep an eye on it if there’s more than a few drops of blood. That could be a sign that you’re having placenta problems, and that will need immediate treatment.
- Heartburn and digestive discomfort: Still experiencing this. Still no fun. You might also experience…
- Nausea: In addition to the heartburn and digestive problems, you might start feeling nauseous again. (I bet you thought that was all gone and dealt with weeks ago.) Pay close attention to this, because it could be a sign that you’re about to go into labor.
37 Weeks Ultrasound Twins
You might be having another scan this week, just to make sure everything’s progressing fine.
Don’t expect anything different this close to the end of the journey. Now you’re just waiting for the last big push. (We had to use that pun. Don’t hate me!)
Things To Do this Week for a Healthy Pregnancy
- If you haven’t already, you might find the nesting instinct kicking in hard soon. You’ll be looking at your house with a critical eye, moving things around, cleaning everything, and probably pulling things you haven’t seen in months from cupboards and wondering exactly why you ever bought them.
- You’re probably pretty immobile right now, and exhausted too. It’s fine to ask your partner for more help, especially if you’re having a bad day. Apart from that, try and get some well deserved relaxation.
Are You 37 Weeks Pregnant with Twins?
You’re so close to the big day! We’re glad to have had you along with us, and know that you’re going to be a great mom for your new twins!
We know you’ve got this, but if you’ve got any last questions, drop them in the comments and we’ll do what we can to answer them! How do feel at 37 weeks pregnant with twins?