32 Weeks Pregnant with Twins: Ultrasound, Symptoms, and More
You’re 32 weeks pregnant with twins! You’re getting so close! In just a couple of months, you’re going to be the proud parent of beautiful twin babies!
A single fetus at 32 weeks
Your Twin Babies at 32 Weeks Pregnant
If they haven’t already, your babies will soon start transitioning to a head down position, ready for their first big journey.
Either way, if it hasn’t already, in the next few days you might feel a difference in the way that you’re carrying, with your twins moving from high up to down near your pelvis.
Bear in mind that this isn’t a guarantee, though. It might not happen until you’re in labor, so don’t worry if you don’t notice anything different.
Either way, you’ll definitely notice them, considering each of your babies is around 16 inches long and up to 4 pounds in weight. That’s the size of a large cabbage, or a squash!
They’re looking good, too. Skin is plump and smooth, because of all the weight they’ve put on in the last few weeks, and they’re completely in control, looking around, reaching up for themselves and out for their twins with their strong little arms. They’ve even got developed fingernails!
You’ve probably picked up on their routine by now, especially if you’re tracking their kicks (you should be,) but they’re also practising loads of other things that you can’t see, including breathing, swallowing and sucking.
Worth a quick look: have you bought everything you’ll need? Check out our newborn twins shopping list.
Twin Pregnancy Symptoms at 32 Weeks
Don’t expect anything new this week. But the symptoms you’ve already been dealing with are going to get stronger. A lot of moms say that heartburn and BH contractions tend to intensify around the 32nd week, so get ready to deal with that!
- Braxton Hicks contractions: We just mentioned these, and they’re only going to get stronger over the next few weeks, as your body prepares itself. As always, if they become painful, regular, or don’t stop if you change your body position, let your doctor know, because that could be a sign of pre-term labor.
- Heartburn: All that pressure on your digestive system takes its toll, and heartburn is going to get increasingly likely over the next couple of weeks, especially as your babies shift into a head down position.
- Leaking nipples: We told you nothing would change. But if you haven’t already experienced this, don’t be surprised if your boobs start leaking this week. It’s just a trial run for the all important days after you give birth!
- Darker nipples: This one you might not expect! It’s caused by hormones, (what else, right?) and oddly, no one knows why it happens. But don’t worry, they’re going to go back to how they were after you stop breastfeeding.
- Vaginal discharge: You might not want this, but it’s your body’s way of getting ready for what’s coming up. More discharge means less chance of infection, and better protection for your babies. Just make sure that it’s not thin and watery, because that could be a sign that your waters have broken already.
32 Weeks Ultrasound Twins
If you’re having a scan this week, there’s a good chance you’ll see that your babies have shifted position in a big way. There’s a very good chance that they’ll be pointing downwards, head down and ready to go.
You’re pregnant with twins, so your doctor is likely to suggest bi-monthly scans, just to make sure everything’s going on right in there. (More pregnancy info here).
You won’t have to do anything special at any of these scans. They’re just simple ultrasounds to monitor your twins, and make sure that there’s no late term complications, or anything that could interfere with your delivery.
Things To Do this Week for a Healthy Pregnancy
- Double check your health insurance. Call your company if you have any questions, or you don’t understand anything.
- If you haven’t already, start planning a name. It’s a great thing to bring up at your baby shower, and if not, there’s a lot of great resources out there you can use. All it takes is a simple Google search.
Worth Buying Now
Disclosure: These links are affiliate links meaning we earn a small commission for any qualifying purchases.
- If you don’t already, pick up some nipple nursing pads. Useful now during leakage and during the months to come.
- Still don’t have baby names? This book will help.
- Why not preserve the memory of this time using this ultrasound picture frame?
- Why not set up your Baby Registry?
'Must Haves' in Trimester 3
Are You 32 Weeks Pregnant with Twins?
You’ve only got two months left of your pregnancy, if that. You’re almost at the end of this thing, ladies. The last couple of months can be hard, but we’re here with you. How do you feel at 32 weeks pregnant with twins?