33 Weeks Pregnant with Twins: Ultrasound, Symptoms, and More
You’re 33 weeks pregnant with twins. You’re into the final two months! We’re pretty sure you know you’re pregnant now.
You should have put on around 30 to 40 pounds, and we bet you’re feeling a little slower and a whole lot more tired.
As your babies move further down towards your pelvis, you might even start to adopt the pregnant lady walk. But that’s okay. It’s just another sign that your babies are that much closer to be born.
A single fetus at 33 weeks
Your Twin Babies at 33 Weeks Pregnant
At 17 inches long and weighing between 4 and 5 pounds, your twins are about the size of pineapples right now. So no wonder you’re feeling the strain!
Your babies are also learning how to breathe alongside swallowing and sucking, ready for their big day in the limelight.
Finally, your babies skeletons are still hardening, toughening up all through their body, except for their little skulls, ready for their birth day!
Twin Pregnancy Symptoms at 33 Weeks
- Overheating: You might not feel like hot stuff, but your body certainly does. Your metabolism is in overdrive, so your body temperature will be through the roof. Wear loose, flowing clothing, and take it easy.
- More headaches: There’s so many reasons you can get headaches anyway, and pregnancy can make all of them just a little bit worse. Hormones can cause them, so can tiredness, dehydration and stress. If you’re feeling rough, get some rest and stay hydrated.
- Loss of breath: If your babies haven’t dropped yet, then they might still be crowding out your ribcage a little bit. If this is your life, then make sure you take it easy, especially if you start to feel a little woozy.
- Pregnancy brain: Forgetfulness is a major symptom of late pregnancy, even though it’s not scientifically proven. There’s a lot on your mind anyway, so take it slow.
- Exhaustion: Your body is taking a beating, but you’re almost there now. Just a few more weeks. Eat properly, stretch and take some light exercise, and get as much good sleep as you can. This late into your pregnancy, sleep can be a particular issue, and it might be worth picking up a pregnancy sleeping pillow. They can be a massive help when it comes to getting comfortable in bed at night, especially when you’re carrying twins.
33 Weeks Ultrasound Twins
Unless there’s a specific reason for you to be scanned, it’s unlikely you’re going to have a scan this week, but if you did, you’d see your babies happily looking around at the world inside of you when they’re awake.
However, certain forms of twins are higher risk than others, which can lead to you needing a lot more scans than other moms might.
If your doctor has informed you that you need more scans, it’s not a sign that there’s going to be something wrong, just that your babies need a little more care than others.
Things To Do this Week for a Healthy Pregnancy
- Pack a hospital bag for twins, if you haven’t already. If you don’t know what you should be packing, don’t worry. We’ve got an article all about it.
- As long as your doctor hasn’t ruled it out, and you’re not feeling too uncomfortable, still having a sex life is absolutely fine.
- Why not set up your Baby Registry?
Worth Buying Now
Disclosure: These links are affiliate links meaning we earn a small commission for any qualifying purchases.
With the birth of your twins potentially just around the corner, don’t forget to do a final check to see if you have everything you’ll need – newborn twins shopping list.
'Must Haves' in Trimester 3
Are You 33 Weeks Pregnant with Twins?
This week is normally relatively relaxed for a lot of moms to be. You’re probably tired, and feeling pretty achy and exhausted right now, so do what you can to relax and take it easy.
Make sure you’re eating right, getting enough rest, and if possible, get some light exercise in. Swimming is great, because it’s low impact and takes a lot of the pressure off of your body. Pregnancy yoga is another option, and one we’d definitely recommend.
If you’ve got more questions, or there’s something you’re facing that we’ve not discussed, then make sure you drop us a line in our comments.
Someone out there has faced what you’re going through, and our fantastic community is sure to be able to help, even if we can’t. How do you feel at 33 weeks pregnant with twins?