25 weeks pregnant with twins means we’re getting real close to the third trimester of your pregnancy.
Before you get there, you should try and get everything that you can sorted. That means all the medical stuff, everything you need to do at home, as well as the all important things like picking out names and sorting out your babies nursery and first month clothes.
A single fetus at 25 weeks
See 24 weeks pregnant with twins
See 26 weeks pregnant with twins
Your Twin Babies at 25 Weeks Pregnant
Your babies have gained almost a quarter of a pound since last week, weighing in as they do at a pound and a half, with a height of almost 14 inches. Normally around 13.6 inches, to be exact.
Remember how last week we told you that your babies lungs are filling out, ready for that all important first breath? Well, that’s still happening, but their blood vessels and circulatory system are doing double duty, as well, filling their lungs with blood vessels to ferry all the oxygen throughout their body.
On top of this, their skin is getting a healthier glow about it. Not because they’re getting thicker skin, or even more tanned.
Instead, it’s because the network of capillaries that we all have under our skin is spiralling outwards, and that makes them seem a little more pink.
Not that you can see any of this, of course…
Twin Pregnancy Symptoms at 25 Weeks
Right now, singleton moms start to feel the pressure of their growing baby. But you’re carrying twins, which makes the effect that it’s going to have on your body that much greater. Right now, you might be suffering from any of the below:
- Bloating or gas: A combination of hormones and pressure on your digestive tract can cause excess gas to build up, as well as an uncomfortable full or bloated sensation. Just … apologise to your partner when you’re both in bed tonight, right?
- Constipation: You might also have issues with constipation, so make sure you’re eating a healthy, high fibre diet and drinking as much water as you can.
- Hemorrhoids: The final part in the horrible trifecta is hemorrhoids. They get more and more common in the last weeks of pregnancy, and it’s all due to the weight and pressure your growing babies are putting on your digestive system. And of course, all that gas and constipation aren’t going to help. So do what you can to get those two symptoms under control first, and hopefully you won’t suffer too badly from this.
- Bladder control: The same cause as all of the above, the extra pressure on your bladder can cause you to feel like you need to pee. All the time.
- Heartburn: The last of the digestive issues you might be facing this week. And yes, in case you didn’t know, heartburn is a digestive thing. Your babies are pushing on your stomach, which can force stomach acid upwards. Which causes that uncomfortable burning sensation. You should be fine with most over the counter antacids, but if you’re worried, there’s no harm in checking with your doctor.
- Braxton Hicks contractions: Most women start feeling these at around the 28th week mark, but your uterus has actually been flexing and practicing the muscular contractions necessary for childbirth since week seven or eight. Braxton Hicks contractions aren’t anything to worry about. They should only last a few seconds, and normally stop if you get up or otherwise move around. If they last a while, keep getting stronger, or they start to slow you down, contact your doctor, because it might be an early delivery.
25 Weeks Ultrasound Twins
Pretty soon, you’re going to be having a scan every couple of weeks instead of every month. But right now, you’re probably not due another scan.
If you are, then you can expect it to be much the same as it has been. Your baby will probably look a little chubbier, and a little bigger than last time. But apart from that, there’s nothing specific to look out for.
Things to Do This Week for a Healthy Pregnancy
- Check your weight gain again. You should be gaining around a pound a week, so you’ve probably put on around 25 or 30 pounds by now. If you’re worried, check with your doctor on your next scan, or before if you’re particularly underweight.
- If you haven’t already, make sure you get a glucose screen test done. It’s essential to pick up gestational diabetes as early as possible, so you can work with it.
Worth Buying Now
Disclosure: These links are affiliate links meaning we earn a small commission for any qualifying purchases.
This week were talking about baby proofing. This is even more important with twins – double the trouble! Here are some must haves:
- Plug socket covers – the last thing you want is your babies playing with the power sockets.
- A baby fence/gate – prevent your babies from wondering into ‘no go’ areas
- Why not set up your Baby Registry?
- You should already, but if you dont’t have a smoke/CO detector, get one now.
Don’t leave your baby shopping too late. Check out our newborn twins shopping list.
We asked the TwinStuff Community what their Must Have products were during the second Trimester:
- Belly cream
- Elastic pants waist extenders
- Bra extenders
- Belly belt
- Pregnancy pajamas
- Pain heat wrap
- Muscle pain soothing balm
- Car seat support
- Pregnancy novelty t-shirts 🙂
Are You 25 Weeks Pregnant with Twins?
Every week that passes gets us one week closer to that all important day.
It’s normal to start feeling the pressure by now.
If you’re worried, we recommend making a list of everything you need to get sorted before your baby is due. Not only will it help you remember everything you have to get sorted, you’ll get a feeling of satisfaction as you cross them off, one by one.
And remember, if you need any extra help or advice, we’re always here. Just throw your question into our comments section, and we’ll do whatever we can to help. How do you feel at 25 weeks pregnant with twins?
It’s an amazing feeling knowing am carrying two human inside me lol. Though i feel havier than before but so far so good, it’s been a smooth journey.
I had two miscarriages last year but now I’m 25weeks pregnant with twins should I have healthy baby and I also have abdominal pain wile they are moving is it normal?